El Salvador

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Finally An Update!!!

Hello Everyone!!! I am finally giving you all an update, I am so sorry it has been so long!!! Anyway, it has been a wonderful three months since Christmas!!! We have gotten to do so much in the last few months that I'm excited to share with you!!! We have been very busy traveling; we have been visiting a lot of different parts of the country, which you can see in the pictures. We went hiking at El Imposible and also got to visit two different volcanoes and see the crater. We have been spending a lot of time at the beach, as you can see from the pics. I am quite happy with my tan right now, I have to admit!!! We have also gotten to go to some professional futbol games in which El Salvador's national team played, which can be quite an experience depending on where you sit in the stadium. I mean, it is Latin America where there is no other sport than soccer!!! It's lots of fun, though!! We also visited the city of Santa Ana, some Mayan ruins in the country, and the town of Juayua. Juayua is a famous town in El Salvador that is known for a food fair that they have every weekend. It is a very authentic looking city!! A lot of these pics give you a good idea of what the markets look like in the country....I love the markets because that's where you get to bargain on the prices. So, here is a bit of an authentic experience for you!!!
In January, the whole high school competes in some soccer intramurals. So, that means no classes, which brings me great joy!!! I love when I just get to hang out with my kids!!! However, I did have a big surprise one of the days, you can't really tell from the picture (the one with me and all of the boys), but a few of the kids thought it would be funny to dump a bucket of water over my head when I was not paying attention!!! I dodged it about three times, but just when I thought I was safe there was a tap on my shoulder and the next thing I knew I had a large bucket of water dumped over my head!!! It was quite funny!!!!
Recently, we have begun getting connected with some ministries in the country. So, this is very exciting!!! We have started visiting an orphanage whenever we're able on the weekends. I got to play volleyball with the kids for two hours straight last Sunday!!! Needless to say, I was tired when I got home. The orphanage is called Harvesting In Spanish and they have approximately 80 kids that are really well taken care of, educated in both English and Spanish, and given fantastic opportunities to survive economically in their country when they leave the orphanage. Another ministry we have been volunteering at once a week is called the Love Link. The Love Link takes in babies that are dying of malnutrition and they do whatever it takes to restore them to health and a better quality of life. They have saved so many babies in the country!!! It is seriously an amazing ministry. I will put up some pictures of these ministries as soon as I can, so you all can see these amazing opportunites and ministries we have the honor to be a part of.
Thanks so much for your prayers and support and there will be a ministry update coming as soon as I get some pictures for you all!!! God bless you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home